Monday, August 4, 2008

Tea(pots) and Crumpets

I'm still resting from our fun weekend. Reece spent the night Friday night, and Saturday morning we went to visit Mom (his great "Gwan") and my sister Sandi, who was in town.

Mom, Sandi and I went thrift shopping and visited Central Market Saturday afternoon. We had a birthday celebration for Kelly at our house on Sunday after Mass. Sandi went to Mass with us, and said the TLM was "beautiful." She wore my black mantilla and said she felt like a bride. :o) She is planning to visit the TLM in her city, and I'm so excited that she wants to do that.

I found a pretty celadon green teapot and Japanese teacups at the thrift store. Sandi discovered a sturdy wooden doll highchair, which I bought for baby Aubrey. I'll paint it and get her a dolly to sit in it. :o) I gave the teapot and cups, which looked brand new, to Kelly, along with several kinds of herbal teas and some of Lily's wild grape jelly. Kelly just called to tell me that she is enjoying some of the tea right now, and that she likes the teapot and cups. We also gave her a wrought iron plant hanger to put on her fence, filled with pretty purple flowers called Angelonia, and some patio lights for her gazebo.

Darcy came with Kelly and Mike, so that she could meet the family. She was so good while she was here. All of us really like her. Kel took her to the vet today, and got a good report.

Ron grilled sirloin steaks and veggies (onion, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and eggplant), and I baked the potatoes. I made Kelly a Texas sheetcake for her birthday cake, and we had that with Bluebell homemade vanilla ice cream. Yum.

The party ended around 6 PM. I took Mom home, then came back and fell asleep on the couch for awhile; then I went to bed early (for me, at least).

This morning I took Ron to the airport, then Mom and I went to Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at our new church. After our hour of Adoration, we had lunch at Crumpet's. Lunch was yummy!

Now I am going to pay bills, then rest!

2 comments:

Therese said...

I am so glad your sister liked the TLM Kalona. I would love to go to one one day myself.

Kalona said...

Therese, my sister is a Southern Baptist. I pray that someday she will come home to the Catholic Church.

When you come to Texas, we will go to the TLM. :o)