Monday, August 25, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
Partly cloudy skies. Looks like some big clouds are building. We may have rain again later today. Green, green trees and grass from the rain we've had the past week.

I am thinking...
that Ron will be home soon and wondering what to have for dinner.

I am thankful for...
the blessings God has given me, but especially my husband, Ron, my 3 kids and 6 grandkids.

From the kitchen...
a glass of peach iced tea on my desk.

I am wearing...
brown slacks, a brown and black striped v-neck tee, bare feet and a pony tail. (Mom and I went to Adoration earlier. I'm usually in capris and a tee).

I am creating...
I am finally ready to start knitting the baby blanket I was going to make for Aubrey before she was born. She is 3 months old now.

I am going...
to drop off my water bill payment on the way to the grocery store later. The water bill was lost in the mail--seriously--and now it's late.

I am reading...
Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila, again. Oh, and The History of Richard Raynal, Solitary by Robert Hugh Benson online, thanks to a dear priest on the Catholic Convert board (thanks Father Obi).

I am hoping...
to see my new little nephew in Dallas soon.

I am hearing...
music from the playlist on my blog.

Around the house...
Votive candle glowing in front of my Our Lady of Perpetual Help picture in the hallway, Maggie cat curled up asleep at the top of the stairs where she won't miss anything.

One of my favorite things...
Sitting in a rocking chair with a grandbaby on my lap.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Lunch with a friend on Thursday. Mom, Kelly and the dogs here on Friday for lunch and fun. Donating Ron's old clothes and getting his closet in order.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...














Garlic blooming in my garden.
Visit A Simple Woman to see the guidelines for your daybook.

No comments: