Sunday, August 17, 2008

Random Events

Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of Darcy and Chuy playing together on Friday, but we had a fun afternoon, anyway. The two dogs got along fine, except when Darcy got a little too exuberant in her puppy playing. She's taller than Chuy, and wanted him to play, so she would put her feet on him. When she pushed his head down with her foot, he finally had enough and let her know by growling at her. He is six years old, and I guess he's becoming a grumpy old man. :o)

Mom, Kelly and I got in the pool. It was fun watching Kelly trying to coax Darcy in, and then finally picking her up and putting her in the water. Darcy is a great swimmer, but she didn't much like it. I did some "water aerobics," and swam a little.

Friday evening, Ron and I went to Mass at St. Pius X. It was a holy day of obligation, the Feast of the Assumption of Mary into Heaven. I love being Catholic! :o)

On Saturday Cyrise and I braved "tax free weekend" and went out to lunch and then to the mall. We took Little Bitty with us (Aubrey), and she was an angel. She slept almost the whole time. Cyrise found some tops and a pair of jeans, I got a few things for the kids and an ironing board cover. Don't you hate spending money on stuff like ironing board covers. :o/

When I took Cyrise and Aubrey home, an old friend of my son's was at their house with his girlfriend. It was nice to see his cute face again; I hadn't seen him for a long time. Sometimes I miss the days when our house was filled with teenage boys. Now they are young men, some with families of their own.

Ron went with me to Mom's last night, and we picked Reece and Aubrey up on the way home. Josh and Cyrise went to a friend's house, so we got to babysit. :o)

Reece and I enjoyed watching some of the Olympics. He especially liked the runners. He would run up to the TV and put his hands on the screen while they were running, then he would run back and forth in the family room, imitating what he saw. He imitates everything, even the blocks tumbling down when he builds a tower. He will fall over on the floor and kick his legs up, imitating the falling blocks. He's a hoot!

We went to the Latin Mass today, and to a barbecue dinner after Mass for the Latin community. It was very nice--good food and a 2-man polka band. We met a few people who sat at our table, and Father Kloster came around to say hello and find out our names. He is such a wonderful young priest.

It's cloudy and I'm hoping for rain. Ron is getting ready to mow the grass in the front of the house, and I might take a nap. |o)

No comments: