Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Heart Melting Moments

Today I watched my two youngest grandchildren while their mommy went to the doctor and their daddy was at work. Our daughter-in-law had minor surgery to remove some pins from her ankle, which was broken last November in a serious car wreck.

I was with the kids all day, from 9:30 this morning until just before 5 PM. There is nothing like being with grandkids to light up your life.

I took them with me to my mom's this morning, so that they could light up her life for awhile, too. And they did!

Aubrey is 3 months old now, and smiles and coos when we talk to her. Today I put her bouncer in front of the TV while Reece was watching Barney (you know, the purple dinosaur guy), and she grinned so big!

While I was holding Aubrey in Josh's recliner, Reece came and got up into the chair with us. It was a tight squeeze, but oh how sweet to hold both of them close.

Reece was sleepy by mid-afternoon, so I took him into the bedroom for a nap. Aubrey and I lay down beside him, but she was fussy and wouldn't sleep, so we gave up. Just before we got up, Reece rolled over to me with his face close to mine and said, "Ah wuv oo," and kissed me! Ooooh my goodness; he can have anything he wants from me for the rest of his life. ;o)

While I washed dishes, I put Aubrey in her bouncer on the counter next to the sink so that I could talk to her and see her as I worked. Of course nothing would do but that Reece would sit on the counter, too. So I put him next to me and let him explore what was on the counter and play in the soapy water. I love listening to him talk.

Of course I think they are perfect children, but they do have their moments. Aubrey spits up so much that she had on three different outfits today, poor baby. And Reece took a drink of the soapy dishwater when I wasn't looking. But mostly, yeah, they're perfect. :o)

No comments: