Monday, August 11, 2008

Down In Adoration Falling

The weekend was busy, but fun. Saturday Kelly and I went to San Marcos and to the outlet malls for awhile. We did a little bit of Christmas shopping. Our plan is to get it done early this year. :o)

Saturday night Reece spent the night. We had fun playing with blocks and cars, watching a few YouTube kid vids and reading Where The Wild Things Are. He's talking more and more. Lately his favorite thing to say is "Whassdat?" or "Howboutdis?" I can almost see the little wheels turning in his head as he learns about things.

Mass on Sunday was lovely. We took Mom to Las Palapas for Mexican food after Mass. After we got home I took a nap and spent the rest of the day watching old Law And Order shows. It was nice to just relax and veg out.

Mondays are our Adoration days. I picked Mom up this morning and we spent a wonderful hour adoring Our Lord. I'm so happy to see how busy this adoration chapel is; people were coming in and out the whole time we were there. I feel such peace before the Blessed Sacrament; it's a beautiful feeling. I love the old fashioned picture, so yes, I'm using it again. :o)

We had lunch at Crumpets again, after Adoration. I think it will become a weekly tradition, since we both enjoy it so much. We watched birds and squirrels at play as we ate lunch--very nice.

I need to go to the grocery store, water my plants, and do a little house cleaning, so I'd better get cracking!

No comments: