Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Roundup

Reece got a splinter in his foot this evening. As I was trying to remove the splinter, embedded under the skin, he frantically said to me, "Don't hurt me Gramma! I'm fragile." :o) Oh how I love that kid. He just cracks me up.

Ron and our two sons, Jason and Joshua, are away for a few days on their (annual?) father/son fishing trip. This is the second year they've gone, so maybe it will become an annual thing. I hope they have better luck this year than last. The kids are hoping daddy brings home some big fish to eat.

Aubrey's first day of pre-K is tomorrow. She is so excited. I'm sure she will love it. She's very bright and very social. She goes from 11:15 to 2:30 PM. Cammie has already told her mommy that she will miss Aubrey when she's at school. I'm sure she will, too. She is Aubrey's little shadow. You rarely see Aubrey without Camryn close behind, trying to do whatever her "big" sis is doing.

We had a Canadian cold front come through and cool us off a bit this weekend. Of course by the time it got this far south, it wasn't really a "cold" front at all. The sun was still hot, but the breeze felt cooler, and the air quality was different. Autumn is in the air. This morning the sky was the most incredible blue, and the air was crystal clear and dry. I was out on the patio and there were dozens of little butterflies in the yard, and a single white feather drifted down from the sky. So pretty.

Hope your weekend was pleasant, and that you have a great week ahead.

No comments: