Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Regular Wednesday

The fishermen are back, with no fish. Oh well, maybe next time. They said they enjoyed their trip and being able to relax for a few days, though.

I've enjoyed taking the kids to school and picking them up, but now their daddy will be doing it. He is gone now to get them. They will be surprised to see him. :o)

When I got back from taking Reece to school this morning, I made the little girls scrambled eggs with cheese and toast with strawberry jam. They enjoyed their breakfast. Reece had Lucky Charms. He doesn't like eggs.

I made Mom a grilled cheese sandwich, chips and applesauce for lunch, and she had a couple of pecan sandies for dessert. I stopped to pick up a few groceries for her after I dropped Aubrey at school. Mom does okay with things like soup, frozen waffles, PBJ sandwiches, but if there is any cooking to be done, I usually do that when I'm there. She also likes fast food (hamburgers, Mexican food, fried chicken, barbecue, etc.) and the leftovers from our dinners (home cooking).

So now I'm home, Ron and Jason are watching The Princess Bride on TV, and Josh and Cyrise just got back with Reece and Aubrey. Reece is in here with me, asking to watch Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs again. I sat out back with my dogs for a bit, until Ron came out and put them in the dog yard. :o(

I feel blessed to be at home, living our normal, everyday lives, when the world seems to be falling apart around us. Maybe I need to stop watching the news. Praying for peace all over the world.

No comments: