Monday, September 10, 2012

School Days

I tried to copy and paste an email I got from the Texas Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, but the format wouldn't work, so I deleted the post. So if you see a post titled Can You Help? in the reader, that's what it was all about.

I took Reece to school this morning, since his daddy is in Rockport. We got up at 6:30, and I dropped him off at school at 7:20. The school is only a couple of minutes away, which makes things easier.

Aubrey liked her first day of pre-school. She kept coming to me all morning, asking me to get her dressed and comb her hair so that she could go, but she doesn't go until 11:15. She was delighted when she finally got there, and when I kissed her good-bye and told her I would pick her up at 2:30, she just said "Okay," and started looking all around, paying no attention to me at all. :o) I looked back a couple of times as I left, and she was just fine. When I picked her up, she said she liked it, and the teacher (who was a substitute) said that she did great. Aubrey told me she got to "cut with scissors," and that she colored a gate that she drew. She said there was a TV at school. I asked what she watched on TV, and she said, "Little Bear." Not sure if that was true, or a made-up story.

I went to Mom's after leaving the school and spent a little over an hour there. It was another beautiful day so she went with me when I took Teddy for a walk. We heard on the news that we had a record low for this date last night--59 degrees! But it got up into the 90s this afternoon.

I only had about an hour at home before it was time to go again to pick up Reece and Aubrey.

Talked to the guys earlier, and they were out on the pier getting ready to fish. They caught some little perch for bait this afternoon, and Josh got more bait by net casting. I can tell that they are enjoying being there, and being together. I think it is so good for them to spend time together like this.

Cyrise made pork tenderloin, roasted fingerling potatoes and peas for supper. We had brownies I baked yesterday for dessert.

Tired tonight, and ready for sleep.

No comments: