Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thursday Chitchat

Busy week.

Tuesday I dropped Ron off at the airport, then I was at the hospital for about an hour with Gina. I took her car seat in for the car seat test they do before releasing the babies from the NICU. Gina slept while I was there, but I loved just being there with her and watching her sleep--the lull before the storm. :o)

I stayed with the kids Tuesday evening while Josh and Cyrise went up to see her. Then I was there again yesterday morning while they went to bring her home. Kelly came over, so we were all there waiting when they got back.

After holding the baby for awhile, Kelly and I left to go have a late lunch at Olive Garden, then we went to Gran's. Teddy was so excited to see Kelly. He and Gran were out for a walk when we drove up, and when he realized it was Kelly he nearly pulled Gran off her feet trying to get to her.

Reece spent the night last night. We did a little shopping at WalMart. I got him a new jacket and a Toy Story game. It took him a long time to decide what kind of toy he wanted. :o) We picked up a few groceries and a frozen pizza for dinner, came home and spent the rest of the evening playing and having fun.

We stopped at Academy and got him some new sneakers before we went to Gran's today. I was helping him put his old ones on, and they were just too tight. He didn't really want to shop for shoes at Academy. He wanted to know where the toys were! :o)

When I took Reece home, I stayed for a little while to hold baby Gina. The little girls are delighted with her, but went about their business while I was there without paying much attention to her. Reece is so used to having baby sisters around that he just rolls with the flow. It's amazing how a new baby is integrated into a family so easily.

Thank you all for your prayers for Gina, her mommy and the family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis! Congratulations on Baby Gina coming home : ) Babies are just the best. Can't wait to meet her and hold her. I was in Dallas again last weekend, it's hard to stay away. Finn is doing great. He is already 10 lbs 4 oz!
I love you! Sandi