Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Daybook

A picture to share...
A shaft of late afternoon sunlight was hitting the cross in my hallway a couple of days ago and I tried to get a picture of it, even though it was getting dark.

Outside my window...
The sun is shining and the sky is blue, but it is cold and windy outside.

I am thankful...
I have so much to be thankful for.

All of you who have prayed for me during my cancer journey. I am certain that it is because of your prayers that I've done so well.

My doctors, nurses and medical techs who took excellent care of me during the treatments and hospital stays. They've been incredible!

My loving and supportive family and friends, who have made the journey easier.

Medical breakthroughs that make it possible to cure cancer and give a person a whole new immune system and a whole new life.

My life. I'm so thankful for every single day, every minute, every second of life--time to be with my family and see my grandchildren grow.

I'm even thankful for the cancer, which has brought me closer to God and given me the opportunity to offer up my suffering for the atonement of sin. Perhaps my time in purgatory will be a bit shorter because of it.

I am wearing...
Black yoga pants, blue tee shirt.

On my mind...
My sister's father-in-law, who was moved to the hospital by hospice yesterday. He is near the end of his life. Please pray for Jim and his family. Thank you!

I am going...
I'm staying home today.

I am reading...
A new Birds and Blooms magazine, online blogs.

Remembering...
Living in Japan.

Pondering these words...
It is better to be the child of God than king of the whole world. -- St. Aloysius Gonzaga

From the kitchen....
Spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Around the house...
Laundry today.

One of my favorite things...
Cuddling a tiny baby.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you for a wonderful Thanksgiving with your sweet kids & husband. Thank you Ron for my CD.

Sharon, I love your heart! : )

Hugs, Sandi