Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend Roundup

The weekend has flown by.  The weather was beautiful.  The kids spent lots of time outdoors, playing in the yard or swimming.  Reece is already getting tan.

Kelly came over today and it was so good to spend time with her.  We went to Gran's and took her out to lunch.  We stopped at Lowe's and got some flowers.  I got some pink begonias to put in the front flower bed, underneath the living room window, and some sweet potato vines to put in between them.  The vine has smallish green leaves with pink edges.  Very pretty.

I got a large potted red geranium and some yellow petunias for the patio, and a little pot of mint (for our summer tea).  And I got three pots of yellow and pink lantana for the flower bed along the backyard fence.  But when I went out there to plant them, the bed looked so awful I decided to wait.  It's just so overgrown with the invasive rock roses.  The soil needs to be amended, too.  So I'll wait until Ron can help me.  Wish I had one of those little tillers.  I got one small pot of society garlic to put out there, too.  I tried to find perennials that will come back each year for that back flower bed.  It already has a large turk's cap, the jasmine, and those darn rock roses.  I think there are some dwarf lilies in there, too, and a patch of michaelmas daisies that will bloom in the fall.

No veggies this year.  The last two years have discouraged me.

The jasmine on the fence is blooming like crazy and smells like heaven.  The peace roses are blooming, too, but one vine has reverted back to it's original and has single petal red roses--not very pretty.  I wish I had enough to make rose petal jelly.

I was going to make something (I can't remember what it was now), and asked Ron to pick up some heavy cream at the grocery store.  The cream was sitting in the fridge and I decided to have some in a cup of coffee.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but oh wow, that cream made even Ron's strong coffee taste delicious.  Now I find myself craving a cup of coffee with cream every day.  Maybe I'll try some in my Earl Grey in the morning.  (Oh yeah, it was a cake I had planned to make with the cream, but never did).

Have a good week.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'd probably *love* Ron's coffee!

Kalona said...

If you like it strong, you would like his coffee. Community coffee is his favorite brand, but he like to try different coffees.