Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday With The Grands

I'm here with Camryn and Gina while Josh and Cyrise take Reece and Aubrey to the doctor.  They haven't been to school all week and both of them are miserable, especially Reece.  They have bad chest coughs, runny noses and just want to sit around or sleep.  Poor little kids.  I hope it's just a chest cold and not bronchitis or pneumonia (or whooping cough).  Reece was holding his fingers in his ears a couple of days ago, making me think he may have an ear infection.

I was at Mom's earlier.  She is doing fine.  I took her some lemon chicken and rice for lunch, and a plate of salmon patties for dinner later.  She is doing well and over the cold she had.  

Someone from her new apartment complex called to ask if we would accept a different apartment.  The lady who is in the one Mom was supposed to get has asked to stay longer.  They have another one on the ground floor in the same building, and I told them that was okay.  The new one faces the same direction as the first one, it's just at the other end of the building.  I told them we didn't want her to face the parking lot or trash containers, and they assured me it doesn't.  

Ron is in Colorado. Bless his heart.  He had to leave the next morning after we got back from Kansas.  Not much time to rest.  He calls every night, and things are going well there.  

My cousin Jan sent me an email saying that Jewell had been sitting up, and had eaten some potato soup.  She said that Jewell had a slumber party on her bucket list, so the other night they all put on their PJs and had a little wine and listened to Dwight Yoakum.  :o)  Wish I could have been there for the party.

I had my first visit to the BMT clinic in over a month on Tuesday.  My labs are all normal and Dr. O doesn't need to see me again until the end of January.  He was a little concerned about the darkening of my skin, but I told him it isn't itching or hurting, so I'm not worried about it.  It seems a small price to pay for being alive.  The graft vs host disease seems better to me.  Maybe is will gradually go away.

The girlies are watching the movie Brave.  It's a cute movie and they are both totally engrossed.

I am anxious for the kids to get home to hear what the doctor had to say.  Will let you know later.

*later*
The doctor said it's the flu.  He said to keep them home from school until next Monday.  Reece, Aubrey and Cammie were sitting on the couch all looking miserable.  Camryn slept most of the time the kids were at the docs.  She had a fever when they got back.  Reece doesn't want to eat or move.  They all just need to go to bed.

Glad I got my flu shot and hope it works.

No comments: