Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Five

It's a chilly Friday night and I'm glad to be snug at home.

1.  Ron took me out to see a movie this afternoon.  That was fun.  We saw The Hobbit, and I enjoyed it very much.  I had seen some bad reviews, but I thought it was a good movie.  Total escapism.  I wondered about taking Reece to see it, but now I know we will not be doing that.  Some of the villains in the movie are too scary for little kids.  I liked the music and the fantasy scenery.  So pretty.  Lots of violence, though.

2.  I made vegetable beef soup using the stock that we made from the leftover prime rib bones.  It was delicious.  I put in the leftover green beans from Christmas dinner (including the caramelized onions and pine nuts) and a couple of potatoes, cubed.  Not only did we enjoy eating it, but it was fun making soup from scratch.  We got a loaf of sourdough bread from Panera Bread to have with it, and that was delish, too.

3.  Reece, Ron and I went to Gran's today.  She likes her new apartment, and doesn't seem to be having any trouble adjusting to a new place.  We still need to find homes for some boxes of pictures, etc., and we need to buy a 3' long piece of dryer vent hose to hook up her dryer.  Ron got the washer hooked up, but discovered the dryer hose that was on the dryer is too short for this setup.  Gran has misplaced (or hidden) her apartment and mailbox keys.  I couldn't find them today.  It's very frustrating.

4.  My sister Sandi and her daughter and two little grandsons are coming down from Austin for the day tomorrow.  It will be nice to see them.  I have never seen Sandi's youngest grandson, so I'm really looking forward to meeting him.

5.  Jason and his family will be here sometime this weekend for an extended Christmas celebration.  I'm always happy to have them here.  

Have a great weekend, dear readers. 

No comments: