Wednesday, December 19, 2012

This and That

The world still seems off-kilter.  But tilted or not, it keeps on turning and what must be done must be done.

Kelly came to Gran's yesterday, and fueled by her energy we were able to get most of Gran's apartment packed up.  We will rent a U-Haul on Friday and hope to move it all at once.

When Reece got home from school, he went with me to find a sofa for her.  We found a  nice one in chocolate brown microfiber.  It won't be delivered until January, though.  Meanwhile, I'll look for a pet cover for it, to keep it protected from Teddy the Terrible.  

Reece and I stopped at Costco, where he saw one of his classmates.  It was precious.  Blake and his family were in line at the checkout when he saw Reece.  He had the sweetest smile on his face as he called to Reece and waved at him.  Then suddenly he ran to Reece and gave him a great big hug.  My heart just sang.  I told Blake's dad that he has the sweetest little boy, and the dad was beaming.  What a nice encounter.  

The tree is up in the family room.  Ron got some lights for outside, and put them up this evening.  There aren't many, but it looks pretty.  My thrifted Eiffel Tower looks pretty, too.  I didn't have enough white lights, so I used colored ones.

My appetite is slowly but surely returning.  I still can't eat a lot, but I'm managing to eat a couple of meals a day now.  That's a huge improvement!  I look like uh....a cancer patient.  :o)

Hope you are finding some joy and balance in this week before Christmas.  I wish you peace.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Forgive me for saying so, but you've had cancer for too damn long. :(

Kalona said...

Couldn't agree more, Linda. I am in remission now, but the side effects and after effects of the radiation, chemo and cancer are the pits.

Always praying for your D and you and the family. Glad you were all able to get away for a bit. A change of scenery is always nice.

Hugs to you, and Merry Christmas!