Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Post Christmas Day Post

A cold front came through here on Christmas day, making it feel like winter/Christmas.   It's still cold. 

Our Christmas was lovely, despite the fact that mountain cedar pollen is wreaking havoc with everyone.  Dinner was beyond delicious.  Josh's prime rib was perfect.  Cyrise made mashed potatoes and fresh green beans with caramelized onions and pine nuts.  We had grape salad, sliced tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and yeast rolls.

The kids got me a really good knife, which I've wanted forever.  It's lightweight, but so sharp I'm a little afraid of it.  We've already used it a lot.  

We surprised them with a new laptop computer.  Their computer stopped working months ago, and they had been using the Kindle for everything.  It was fun to surprise them.  :o)

The grands got lots of wonderful new toys, but we didn't get them any clothes yet.  I decided to wait until the after-Christmas sales for those.  Clothes don't rock their world, anyway.

Our oldest son and his family will be here sometime this week, and we will continue the Christmas celebration.  The kids are out of school until January 9th!

I made it to Confession and Mass before Christmas.  After the cancer came back the second time, I seemed to enter into a period of spiritual dryness.  I knew in my heart that God had not abandoned me, but I had more or less abandoned Him, not out of anger, but sort of giving up on my faith.  I knew better in my head, but it seemed like nothing could really change what was happening, and I'd just have to get through it somehow.  Thank heaven I had lots of other faithful, wonderful people praying for me!  And God never gives up on us.  That has been the best Christmas gift of all.

Happy Boxing Day, Merry Christmas, and keep celebrating!  The twelfth day of Christmas is not until January 6th.

No comments: