Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tornado!


Last night I was watching the weather channel, tracking the tornadoes. My sister Johnnie and her family live in Wichita, and we have other family there, so I always worry during tornado season.

Sure enough, when I texted her Johnnie and her husband were in their neighbor's basement and tornadoes were all around them. The tornadoes seem to follow the same path every year, through south Wichita. Last night a big one was spotted on the ground about a mile from where they live. I've wanted them to move for years! Preferably to Texas. :o)

We kept in touch until the danger had passed, and this morning she said their house had no damage, but there is damage all around them. I thank God they are okay, and pray for those who were not so fortunate.

(Video from Fox News).

4 comments:

Sarah Oldham said...

Phew! That was close!
The terrible thing about weather: it's all around us . . .so no true escaping it! Glad everyone is alright.

Glad you are home from the short hospital stay. You're a real trooper!

Wishing you love and His Divine Mercy blessings,
Sarah ALOHA

Kalona said...

Thank you, Sarah! Yes, there is not much we can do about the weather. Aloha!

Jennifer Mulkey said...

I'm so glad to hear they are ok. We are all ok down here too. Glad also to hear you are home. Prayers continue for you always :) Blessings.

Kalona said...

Jen, I was thinking about you during the storms, and I'm so glad you are safe. I was sending up prayers for all of you south of Wichita that night. We have relatives in Haysville and Derby we were concerned about, too. Thank you for continued prayers! You also have mine.