Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fantastic news!

Dr. O just called to tell me that the CT/PET scan results show that I am in "complete remission!" Whoo Hoo!

He said now we just have to focus on getting rid of the GvH. They put me on prednisone and Noxafil (posaconazole) to help with that, and he said that when I go in on Thursday we may try a different steroid that just coats the stomach, then goes on through, so it doesn't have the uncomfortable side effects of some other steroids. I already feel better, after only 2 doses of my new meds. I'm sure we will be able to get it under control soon.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I'm excited, but cautious after going into remission after my first stem cell transplant and then having the mantle cell come back again. I'm praying that this time it will last. Please pray for that with me. Thank you!!!

PS: Johnnie, thank you for saving my life. I love you!

11 comments:

Johnnie Enders said...

SO EXCITING!! I had goosebumps when I read your text!! Thank you Lord! XOXO

Adrienne said...

WhoooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the "Happy Dance"! So excited to hear the great news. Thank you JESUS! Big Hugs and Love, Sandi

Sarah Oldham said...

God is good all the time! AMEN!!! I'm so very pleased beyond words. I'm so thankful!!!! Amen amen amen!!!!

Kelly said...

Yay! I got your voice mail and I just knew what your good news was going to be, I'm so happy!! By the grace of God, Johnnie's superwoman supercells are little miracle workers.

I'm so thankful to everyone who has been praying for your recovery, for all the support from family and friends, and for all the docs, nurses and staff at the BMT Unit.

Wonderful news. Alleluia!

Anonymous said...

\o/ WOOT!!!!

Oh, how I needed to hear such good news today!

Kalona said...

For some reason, I can't get Blogger to post one of the comments that came in my email today. It's from my friend in Hawaii, Sarah. So I have copied the email and will try to post it here that way. Sarah, I apologize.

Sarah Oldham has left a new comment on your post "Fantastic news!":

God is good all the time! AMEN!!! I'm so very pleased beyond words. I'm so thankful!!!! Amen amen amen!!!!

Posted by Sarah Oldham to Knocking Everywhere at April 24, 2012 11:56 AM

Therese said...

So happy to hear this news Kalona. WOOT from me too.

fauxpetals said...

I am so happy. I will be praying the rosary for a thank you. The Sisters have taught me that a thank you prayer is just as important as a healing prayer. When I read you blog I just started to cry. Tears of joy. Karen/Faux

karen said...

Soooooooooooooooooo Happy for you. Karen

Kalona said...

Thank you all so much for your comments and congrats! I'm still walking on air and feeling happy. :o)