Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beautiful Saturday

My sister Sandi has been here since Wednesday evening. She was out at UTSA on Thursday working at a job fair for her school district. It's been nice to have her here.

Aubrey and I had been planning a little Easter party, and decided to have it on Saturday so that Aunt Sandi could come. Gran and Kelly were also guests.

We gathered flowers for the party in the little field across the street.

We used my potting bench as a buffet table.

The kids enjoyed swimming. They've been in the pool every day for the past four days. It's still too cold for me!

The menu consisted of a meat and cheese tray, crackers, little bird nests made of chocolate, peanuts and chow mein noodles (filled with jelly beans or pink peeps), yellow cupcakes with chocolate in the middle topped with whipped cream, and strawberries with whipped cream filling. Kelly made us some delicious punch. It was fun.

We sat outside on the patio. The weather was absolutely perfect. I think everyone had a good time. I know I did.

No comments: