Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sharks and Shopping

Had a nice Saturday. I talked with my sister Sandi for awhile this morning. She's busy getting ready for her son's wedding next weekend. The wedding will be in Colorado, and we won't be able to go, but I know it will be beautiful. I'm so excited and happy for them.

I met Kelly at Great Gran's around noon today. The three of us went out for lunch and then did some shopping. We got Gran a new vacuum cleaner. It's a Shark, and especially good for pet hair. It's lightweight and easy to maneuver, and Gran was very excited to use it when we got back to her place. She couldn't believe the dirt and dog hair it collected in just a few minutes.

We also finally got the stairs for Teddy. He used them right away getting on the sofa, but they are a little short for the bed. I think he will do okay with them once he gets used to them, though. If not, we'll get him a taller set for the bed.

I really enjoyed being out and about with Kelly and Gran. I was a little tired when we got home, but not bad. I loved going shopping and being "normal."

The little ones were glad to see me when I got home. Reece is still sick, Cammy has diarrhea, and Cyrise is not feeing well, either. Reece and I came upstairs with nacho doritos and cokes and he snuggled against me and played with his Kindle. He felt a little better and had a corn dog. I'm hungry, but nothing could get me to eat a corn dog.

Josh rented a Rug Doctor a couple of days ago and cleaned the downstairs carpets. They look better, but I am just itching to pull them up and get hardwood flooring. I would never have carpet again if I had my way. I'd love to have hardwood in the family room, the living room, up the stairs, the upstairs hallway, all of the bedrooms and baths. We have tile in the foyer, downstairs hall, kitchen, breakfast room, half bath and laundry room. The dining room has an old wood parquet floor that needs some work. This whole house needs work!

Oh, I also got a Shark today, but it's one of the upright steam mops, not a vacuum. I've wanted one for over a year when one of my nurses told me how wonderful they are. Our tile in the kitchen and breakfast room is always filthy, from the dogs and the kids. I'm hoping that we'll all use the steam cleaner every day, or at least a few times a week. It not only cleans, but also sanitizes the floor. Boy, do we need that!

Off to find food. Hope you're having a good weekend.

No comments: