Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Melancholy

I love this print. I'm missing Japan right now. It's cherry blossom time. We've been seeing and hearing a big owl around our house lately. He looks a lot like this one.

You can buy this lovely print here.

Sixty-seven degrees and rain here today. Not good rain, just misty drizzle so far.

Cyrise and I made empanadas for dinner last night and I had a couple for lunch just now. Not bad, and they look so cute; like little pies. They are made with browned ground beef, mild green chilies, taco seasoning and lots of cheese for the filling. You cut 3" circles from pie dough, put a spoonful of filling in the middle of one, brush an egg wash around the filling and top with another round of dough. We used a fork to seal the edges. A little more egg wash on top, bake for 15 to 20 minutes (or until golden brown) in a 400 degree oven. You don't need much meat; we had a lot of filling left over. Josh said he ate some with corn chips, sort of like nachos.

Reece has been out of school since last Friday, but went back today. I know he still doesn't feel up to par, and hope his day has gone okay. He saw the doctor yesterday and was given a prescription for antibiotics. The doctor said Josh brought him in just in time. He has the beginnings of ear and sinus infections . Poor little guy has been so miserable the past few days. He hasn't been like himself, but grouchy and unhappy. I'm anxious for him to get home!

I was at the hospital on Monday. Dr. O wanted to see that my blood counts didn't plummet over the weekend after receiving the blood transfusions last week. They were okay. I'll go back tomorrow (Thursday) for my usual labs and methotrexate in my Ommaya port.

Ron and I took Gran some Church's chicken for lunch Monday, and I was hungry for something sweet. They had little strawberry shortcakes at Church's, so I got one of them. O Yum! Now I want another one.

Ron just called to let me know that he had been to Gran's and she and Teddy are fine. He sometimes takes her lunch from where he works. There is a lady there who makes homemade food and he often gets a plate for himself and one for Mom. Today she had pulled pork sandwiches and pasta salad.

I have some laundry to fold and put away, and some dirties to go downstairs to the laundry room, so I'd better get busy. Hope your week is going well!

No comments: