Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Morning

It's 53 degrees this morning--a more than 40 degree drop from yesterday's high temperature. We came out of Mass yesterday evening just after a cold front came through, and the wind was blowing like crazy! Weird weather. But we may get rain today, which we desperately need. The weather man predicts a high of 59. No swimming today!

Our weekend was unremarkable, except for the beatification of Pope John Paul II. And the news of the capture of Osama bin Laden. Does anyone else think the timing of that announcement is odd? It happened a week ago, and we hear about it a week later, late on a Sunday night? Just seems strange.

Gran has been sick, so she didn't go to Mass with us yesterday. She was feeling better when I saw her around noon, but not 100%.

Reece still loves going, and I am still amazed at how he loves Mass. I looked at him at one point yesterday, and he was sitting very still, just gazing at the altar. We went to Atonement. On Easter we went to St. Pius X. I wasn't sure if he would act the same way there, but he did, and it was a High Mass, lasting an hour an a half. I feel a bit adrift, floating back and forth from one Mass to another. My constant prayer is that we can have a Traditional Latin Mass in a church of our own. And I miss Father Kloster so much.

One of the things that Reece always wants to do when we go to Atonement is visit the little Mary chapel. We kneel there in front of the blue candles, and I pray a Hail Mary with him. Yesterday I told him to ask Mary to pray for his little sisters, and he did. It was so sweet.

I was able to receive the Eucharist for the first time in several weeks, because I finally went to confession on Saturday. Reece went up with me to receive a blessing. Also very sweet. :o)

Ron trimmed the hedges in the front over the weekend, and Josh trimmed some in the back. He does everything so quickly! He and Cyrise have done the cooking since they moved in. I especially like it when Josh grills. :o) A few days ago he came in and asked me if I wanted some breakfast. I said "Sure," and he made me scrambled eggs with cheese, sausages and toast. Yum, what a treat! I usually just grab a piece of toast or a bowl of oatmeal (or sometimes a cookie).

Speaking of breakfast, I'm hungry!

No comments: