Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Klutzy Gramma

I'm a klutz. I fell over one of the baby gates Monday night while I was holding Camryn.

We were going up to bed, and I had just lifted Aubrey over. I should have put Camryn over, too, but stupidly tried to carry her as I stepped over. I was so terrified that she would be hurt that I held her up and away from me, so my whole weight hit the floor, knees first.

The right knee/leg is not too painful, but the left one still hurts. I twisted it as well as hitting my knee on the tile floor. It was swollen and tight Tuesday, but is better this evening. Thank goodness Cammie was not hurt at all.

This is the second time I've banged my knees on something in a week. I was climbing out of the spa several days ago, slipped and banged them on the edge of the spa. I still had the scabs from that when I fell on Monday. Good grief. :o\

Other than that, all is well here. We had some cold weather, but it is warming up and will be back in the high 90s by Sunday.

Some of my tomatoes are ripe and I'll be picking them tomorrow, and probably the cowhorn peppers, too. Aubrey has already "helped" me pick a couple of hard green tomatoes. She can't keep her little paws off anything.

*yawn*

I'm ready for bed. Good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm hoping your knees are better today. You have got to more careful Sharon - I just know you are doing way too much.I hope you and Mom have a wonderful Mothers Day.

I love you BIG, Sandi

Kalona said...

Getting better everyday, sweet sister. I know, Kelly tells me the same thing--be more careful. It's just that when I get busy I think I'm still 27 with no limitations. :o) I hope you have a wonderful mother's day, too. Love and hugs!

Linda said...

I'm so glad you weren't seriously hurt! (and that you held on to that grandbaby!)