Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday With Reece

Sorry for the blog slowdown. Time gets away from me these days.

Mother's Day was fun, but I didn't take any pictures. Sometimes I just want to enjoy the day without my camera. We all gathered here after Mass for a cookout, and everything was delicious.

The kids are beginning to settle in. They enjoy playing in the yard, the pool and the sprinkler. They are back into a more normal nap and bedtime routine. Reece doesn't nap, but the little girls do, thank goodness.

My little container garden is thriving. I've been picking a few tomatoes and peppers. We had sliced tomatoes with dinner last night. I counted more than 30 tomatoes of all different sizes yesterday. The onions are getting big. I put some more dirt on them yesterday since the tops were showing above ground. The pole beans are finally blooming, so we should have clusters of beans soon. The leeks are doing okay, but probably need to be thinned. I love leeks.

Reece and I stopped at Academy on the way home from Great Gran's and I got two pair of flipflops. You can tell summer is here (almost) when I buy flipflops. :o) They are cute.


Reece is in here pestering me to look at pictures on the computer, so I'll sign off. Happy Wednesday!



3 comments:

Therese said...

Your vegetables look great Kalona.

The children are all growing up so fast. Is that a picture of Camryn in the boppy seat?

Kalona said...

Thanks, Therese. We've been enjoying the fresh veggies.

No, that is Gina in the bumbo. She's 6 months old now, and a little sweetheart.

Camryn will be 2 years old later this month. That's her in the "before and after" post a few days ago. :o)

Therese said...

Oh I forgot they had another baby. Gina is a gorgeous baby too.