Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Chatter

Yesterday we had to have our water heater replaced. Just how we wanted to spend our money a few weeks before Christmas, right? :o\ One of the young plumbers commented to Ron that ours was the oldest hot water heater he had ever seen. It was installed in 1984, probably when this house was built. Oh well, the new one makes the water nice and hot.

This morning I had my PET/CT scan done. It was a weird experience. They are installing a new scanner at BAMC, so I went to a trailer on Ft. Sam for the scan. Very weird. Anyway, they said my doctor should have the results within two working days, so probably Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Dr. B said that he would call me when he got them. I'm praying they show no cancer.

This evening Josh brought us some grilled salmon he made for dinner. It was yummy. I made some rice and broccoli to go with it. Easy and delicious.

I've been trying to come up with ideas for Christmas gifts for my family, but my mind is blank on that subject. I have a few clothing items for some of the grands, but we like to give them something besides clothes. Oh well, I'll think about it tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Now I have to be all nervous waiting for your test results (although I'm certain they will be good - really!)

Here's my suggestion for the grands gifts. Have Mom and Dad pick out the gifts, purchase them, wrap them, and you add the card. Seriously! You have way better things to do, like take care of your health and play the mandolin. Mom and Dad know exactly what the kids want and the task will be easy for them. Just set a dollar amount for them to work with. My Mom used to do that and it worked wonderfully well.

When my nieces and nephews were a bit older (about 9 or 10) they all received gift cards and loved them. They always wrote and told me exactly what they purchased.

Kalona said...

I think the results will be good, too, Adrienne.

Thank you for the idea about the Christmas gifts--I like it!

Gift cards are a good idea, too. We often give them to our adult children. I imagine the older grands would enjoy shopping with them, also.

Thanks for the great suggestions!