Saturday, December 11, 2010

Crazy Week

Just a quick note to let you know that all is well here. My doctor called earlier this week to tell me that the PET scan results show no cancer in any of my lymph nodes. Woo Hoo! It did show a tiny spot on my lungs, about 1 centimeter, which is probably a little bit of infection. Dr. B said to continue taking my antibiotics. We'll do another scan in a few weeks to make sure that the spot is gone. I'm feeling good. Hair, eyebrows and eyelashes are coming back--slowly.










Ron was in Colorado all week. The modem went out on our computers, so I've been off-line since Tuesday. He went and got a new modem as soon as he got home, and got it installed and working last night.









Reece spent the night with me Tuesday and again last night. We had Great Gran over yesterday to help decorate the Christmas tree. Reece had a great time looking through all the boxes of ornaments. We also made gingerbread boy cookies. It was fun!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

I have been on pins and needles all week waiting for your update. Thank the good Lord ....

Kalona said...

Thank you, Adrienne! I'm sorry it took so long to update.

Sarah Oldham said...

Fantastic news! I'm so glad.
Love Reese's shorter hair! He's so cute, I can hardly stand it. ;)
God is good! I'm still praying for you. Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Sarah! Yes, God is very good. Thanks for continued prayers.

Josh buzzed his and Reece's heads a few days ago. Now they look just alike except for Josh's beard. Reece has the most perfect little swirl on the back of his head--I keep annoying him by kissing it. :o)

Anonymous said...

Sharon!
I love you! Thank you Jesus! I'm so thrilled with the great news. This will be a wonderful Christmas for all of us. Big Hugs, Sandi

Kori said...

Wonderful news! Praise God! Love you!!!

Kalona said...

Sandi and Kori, thank you! This is a very special Christmas for me--lots and lots to celebrate, not the least of which is my wonderful, praying family. I love you both so much!