Thursday, October 18, 2012

SAMMC, My Second Home

The increased dosage of tacrolimus seems to be helping my GvH.  I still have it, but I'm not so miserable as I was last week with the itching and sore mouth.  Now it's just occasional itching and a not quite as sore mouth.  

I got the two units of blood last Friday, and when I was at the clinic today my red cell count was still within the normal range--low normal, but still normal.  

I had a bone marrow biopsy today.  (Ouch).  Won't know the results until next week.  

After the biopsy I went down to the allergy and immunization clinic for flu and pneumonia shots.  I would never get them on my own, but Dr. O insisted.  I'm worried about getting a frozen shoulder again from the flu shot, but they refused my request to get it in my buttocks.

Dr. O prescribed an antibiotic in case this cough and drainage is from an infection.  I hope it helps!

Ron picked me up about lunch time, and we went to Mom's and took her some lunch.  

Then I had to go back to the hospital for my dermatology appointment at 2:15.  They did a full body scan, looking for any problem areas, but didn't find anything alarming.  I had a couple of little white, crusty spots on my neck.  The doc removed them and will biopsy them.  He also removed a skin tag I've had for years, under my arm.  He prescribed some new kind of cream for my graft vs. host.

So it was a long day at the hospital and I'm tired.  Josh picked me up and brought me home.  He had made a roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, and steamed broccoli for dinner.  It was yummy.  Now he is baking some zucchini bread.  It smells so good.  Reece came into my room and said, "I smell cinnamon rolls."  :o)

Josh got the kids a new DVD, Ratatouille.  I'd seen it before, but watched it again.  It's a cute movie.  

No comments: