Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Chitchat

Wow, it's 82* here right now, supposed to go up to 86 for a high.

Josh brought me a beautiful salad for lunch. I took the meat off (turkey I think), and the onions, and ate the greens (spinach), dried cranberries, feta, pecans, apple slices and raspberry vinegarette, and it tasted good, but I just got so sick. Not sure if it was the salad or if I'm coming down with the flu or something. I've had a lot of nausea lately, so it's probably just the chemo, meds, etc. in my body. Yuck.

I was going to make beef empanadas for supper tonight, but I think that will have to wait a few days. I made egg salad sandwiches last night, for Ash Wednesday. Josh brought some yummy bakery bread with lots of seeds and nuts. The kids had whole wheat white bread, and they all loved the egg salad. I don't think they had ever eaten it before. Tomorrow I'm planning salmon patties.

Aubrey just peeked into my room and said she is going for a walk. I said, "Who are you going for a walk with?" and she said, "Reece." I think I'd better go see what's going on. They can't go by themselves.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sad to hear you are nauseous. Sounds like getting off the meds are causing some gVh disease, already(?). Not sure if that is the case but you are probably right - it's the chemo, meds, etc. Whatever it is that is causing you pain, I'm praying to God you feel better soon.

Aubrey seems to like your hats! Too cute. And, it's so sweet of Josh to bring you a salad -

Love you,

Kalona said...

Thanks, honey.