Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Schoenstatt Shrine for Fauxpetals




Kelly emailed me a link to some Flicker pictures she added recently. They turned out to be from our trip to Rockport last year, April 2010, just before I found out I had cancer.

These pictures were taken at the Schoenstatt Shrine in Lamar. Look how much younger Reece and Jacob look! They've both changed so much in a year.

I first learned about the Schoenstatt Shrine and Mother Thrice Admirable several years ago from my internet friend Karen/Fauxpetals. She told me how she had the visiting Mother Thrice Admirable statue in her home. Since then I've learned that we have a small shrine here in San Antonio, and another on the outskirts of the city. Plus there is one in Corpus Christi as well as the one in Lamar, near Rockport. They are beautiful little shrines.

You can read more about the shrines, the founder, Fr. Joseph Kentenich and the mission of the Schoenstatt sisters and priests here.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing! I am putting this on my list of things to do this year. I *love* Rockport.

Kalona said...

Linda, I know you will enjoy visiting the Shrine--it's very peaceful and beautiful there. When we were there we wanted to go to the gift shop, but it was closed. Then we saw this darling little old nun on a motorized scooter, hurrying down to the gift shop to open it up just for us. She was just precious. We had fun shopping there.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you this week, Kalona,and I hope and pray that your treatments are going well. God bless your beautiful family.

Your Emmanuel friend

Kalona said...

Thank you, Texas Mom! Prayers continue for you and your son.