Monday, August 8, 2011

A Bit of Good News

August flower, the gladiolus.

I have the worlds. best. doctor. When he read my text that I couldn't see the neurologist until the 23rd, he called and told me that he wanted me seen much sooner, and he would take care of it. And he did. Now my appointment is Wednesday, the 10th. It's the same day as my physical therapy appointment, but one's in the morning, and one in the afternoon.

Things are pretty much the same around here. Reece has learned to swim; did I tell you that? He is so proud. He can swim from the deep end of the pool all the way to the steps in the shallow end. He looks so cute swimming! Papa has been working so patiently with him. Aubrey is swimming a little, too. Children are so remarkable.

Yesterday I watched most of the Falling Skies marathon. I've always been interested in "end of civilization as we know it" type stories like Stephen King's The Stand, and the movie Red Dawn.

Now that the year is half over, I am thinking about Christmas. I found an easy pattern for little girl sweaters that I think I'll try when I finish the little blanket I'm knitting now. It will be fun to make tiny sweaters for the little girls.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad your doc got you in for tomorrow! That really is good news. :) Call me if you need me for anything.

I love you!

P.S. I didn't know the gladiolus was the flower for August. They are so pretty, I wonder if they would grow well in Texas (not that anything would grow well in this heat we are having right now)!

Kalona said...

I'm glad too, Kel, but a little anxious about what he will tell me. I'll call if I need you, but Dad is going with me, so we'll probably be okay.

Poppies were also listed as one of August's flowers. I like them, too.

You could probably grow glads here if you chilled the bulbs and all that. The only flowers I've been able to grow from bulbs here are those yellow pixie lilies and cana lilies that try to take over your whole yard. Remember the year of the leaf rollers? Ick.

Love you too!

Kalona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.