Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Story of the Little Knit Cap

My daughter Kelly has met so many talented and caring artists through her online Etsy shop, Biologie.

One of the Etsy vendors that she buys from found out that Kelly was looking for the little caps for me, and she sent Kelly the little knit cap seen here.

The lady's name is Rebecca, and her Etsy shop is Raige Creations.

The amazing thing about the little knit cap is that it belonged to her mother, who survived lymphoma for 15 years before succumbing to bladder cancer. The hat was knitted by Rebecca's mother-in-law, who is a thyroid cancer survivor. And the little yellow flower was crocheted and added to the cap by Rebecca herself.

Rebecca sent the cap to Kelly, telling her that she thought that I could use it, and the love that went into creating it.

My heart is touched that Rebecca wanted me to have something so precious to her as her mother's cap.

Rebecca, please know that I treasure the little knitted cap, but even more, the heart of a person who has such love and compassion for a stranger and her daughter. Thank you with all my heart.

5 comments:

jessica said...

What an amazing story! God bless that sweet woman. :-)

Raige Creations said...

Kalona, your words are so sweet - it is so nice that you shared our stories and I am glad to know that you enjoy the sincereity behind the gesture. You have raised such a wonderful daughter, and I can only imagine that you share the same wonderful traits. Know that our family's thought and prayers are with you at this difficult time. Be well, Rebecca.

Kalona said...

Rebecca, I'm so glad that you saw the blog post. Thank you again for such a precious gift, and most of all, thank you for your prayers.

Kalona

Linda said...

It's going to look nice on you. :)

Kalona said...

Thanks, Linda!