Monday, April 19, 2010

Biopsies, Scans and Lab Tests, O My!

We had a busy morning, and a lazy afternoon.

I had the bone marrow biopsy procedure at 8 AM. Not fun; sore hips. Results in a couple of days.

The doctor sent me for another lab test, then we drove to BAMC for the PET scan. They did a CAT scan, too, and they will overlay them to get a good picture of where the abnormal cells are in my body.

I stayed up late watching a movie last night, and got up at 6 AM, so by the time we got home and had something to eat, I was exhausted. So I took a long nap. This evening I played with the puppies, who were missing me.

I'll go into the hospital tomorrow afternoon. The doctor said I will probably be there 5 or 6 days. I'll be having a colonoscopy, and once they have all the data from everything we've been doing, they will be able to formulate a treatment plan and get started.

I'm ready.

8 comments:

Sarah Oldham said...

I'm just speechless . . . you have my prayers. (head hanging in shame): you know I've been bad about visiting blogs lately . . . too absorbed in my life . . . I'm so sorry! BUT! I will definitely pray for you all the time.
God be with you and Mary guide you.

X said...

Kalona, I have a new patron saint for your current health situation. You can read about him here:
http://stanislawpapczynski.org/en/news/boy.php

Kalona said...

Sarah, thank you for your prayers. They mean so much to me!

Angela, thank you for the article about Blessed Stanislaus. I am printing out the Novena to him and will take it with me to the hospital. In fact, I will put it on my blog.

I am so grateful for the support and prayers of all my blog friends.

X said...

(((HUGS)))

Therese said...

will pray lots for you while you are in hospital.

Linda said...

Take our love and prayers with you too. Just pack it up in your heart, and know that we are here, and so is HE.

Gracie said...

Kalona, do you have any Lourdes water?

Kalona said...

Thank you all so very much for your prayers and support. I'm so touched and humbled by the outpouring of love I've received.

Gracie, thank you for your messages and for the offer to send the Lourdes water. I didn't post your other message on here since it had your email address, but you have been so helpful with your firsthand knowledge and advice. Thank you!