Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Beautiful Saturday

It's been a beautiful day here in South Texas. The weather is perfect!

After a bit of a rocky morning, I'm feeling okay. My mom, my sister Sandi, son Josh and grandson Reece were here this afternoon. It is good to be home and have my family around me after my shorter than expected stay in the hospital.

Reece wanted to play outside, and then he wanted to go swimming, so his daddy turned the heat on low in the spa and let him play. He had a great time! Mom and Sandi had fun sitting in the shade next to the spa and playing with him and watching him. He says the cutest things.

Sandi said that she would like to have a cosmopolitan while we were sitting outside, so she, Ron and Josh went to get the stuff needed to make them. I didn't have any because of my meds, and I rarely ever drink anyway.

Reece got out of the spa after awhile, and he and I watched some Lego truck reviews on YouTube. He loves to watch some man review the toys that he buys for his son. He calls the man who does the reviews "Mr. Man." :o) He had a popsicle while he watched.

They have all gone now, and Ron and I are sitting outside on the patio. He mowed the backyard and now he's relaxing with a cigar and some tea while I'm computing. Birds are singing everywhere, and our little wrens have been coming in and out of their little house. Life is beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day wasn't it? We had a potluck here for the kids OM teams-about 50 people or so. We all had such a nice time, couldn't ask for better weather.
Don't forget to let me know if you need anything!!
I'll come up in a week or so to say hi.

K-

Kalona said...

K, your potluck sounds like so much fun! Yes, it was perfect weather for it.

I will look forward to your visit, just let me know when.