Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday, In The Pool

Busy Saturday! My sister made a spur-of-the-moment visit. :o) She arrived at Mom's while I was there, in the early afternoon.

I came home and spent the afternoon in the pool with five of my grandkids. They had a great time. Reece has learned to "swim" to me from the lowest step. I back away and tell him to come to me, and he falls forward and goes underwater, moving toward me just a few feet. When I pick him up, he has a huge grin on his face, with water streaming everywhere. It's so cute.

We had homemade beans and rice for dinner. My sister and mom arrived around dinner time and my big pots of beans and rice fed all 13 of us. I told my sister it was peasant food, but everyone loves it. And it feeds a lot of people for not a lot of money. :o)

I made another zucchini cake and that was a hit, too. It's one way of getting kids to eat zucchini.

My sister loved seeing all of the kids, especially baby Aubrey. Her little grandson, Jonah, is still in NICU in Dallas, but he is growing. He now weighs over 4 pounds! He will probably be there for another month, though. Please continue to pray for him.

Josh and Cyrise left with their two littles around 6:30PM, Jason and Kismette left with their youngest two around 8PM, leaving Caelen and Lyssa with us. Mom and Sandi left right after that. Even with the two kids here, the house is awfully quiet.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Kelly is coming over to do something fun with us. We may go to Gruene, where Caelen loves to eat fried catfish at the Grist Mill. :o)

No comments: