Saturday, June 7, 2008

Rest In Peace, Janie.

My daughter-in-law's mother died today. She had been ill for some time, but her death came as a shock because we didn't expect it this soon.

Janie was my age. I suspect that the grief and stress of losing her oldest daughter, Gina, contributed to her decline. My daughter-in-law has lost her sister and her mother in less than two years. Please pray for her.

We are thankful that Janie got to see her new grandbaby, Aubrey, for the first time a few days ago. Cyrise said that seeing the baby lifted her mother's spirits--Janie said that she felt 100% better. And she got to see Reece and of course Cyrise and Josh. Cyrise said that the last thing she and mother said to each other was "I love you."

Lord our God, the death of Janie recalls our human condition and the brevity of our lives on earth. But for those who believe in your love, death is not the end, nor does it destroy the bonds that you forge in our lives. We share the faith of your Son's disciples and the hope of the children of God. Bring the light of Christ's resurrection to this time of testing and pain as we pray for Janie and for those who love her, through Christ our Lord. Amen
(from the Glenstal Book of Prayer)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Irish and family;

My prayers are being said for you, may our Lord hold Janie and keep her at peace in his loving arms.

from Karen Stone

Kalona said...

Thank you, Karen. I'll be sure my daughter-in-law sees your comment. We do appreciate the prayers.