Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Mom's Best Bud

This little cutie is Mom's cairn terrier, Chuy (or Chewy). My sister gave him to Mom a few years ago and the two of them are constant companions.

Chuy is about 6 years old, and a bit spoiled and pampered; he lives a good life. In an article I read about cairn terriers, they were described as "big dogs in a little dog body." That is certainly true of Chuy. He thinks he is the boss. :o) He tries to chase garbage trucks and cars, he goes nuts when he sees a cat (except for our Maggie cat), and he is the guardian of Mom's apartment complex.

Almost everyone there loves him, except for a few people who are afraid of dogs. His doggie buddies are Gizmo, a little black and white chijuajua, Sonny, a white Bichon who lives across the hall, and Brownie, a hyper part chijuajua. His girlfriend is a dainty little Yorkie named Katie. Chuy loves to go for a walk around the complex grounds with Mom, and they stop and talk with every dog they meet, and most of the people.

I've seen his name spelled both Chewy and Chuy by family members. I don't know which is correct, but since he's a San Antonio dog now, Chuy seems to fit. :o) However, he was named after the Star War's character, Chewbacca, so Chewy fits too. He has a Chewbacca fur face and he also "talks" like Chewbacca in the movie. :o)

Anyway, this post is mostly for those family members who love Chuy and don't get to see him much anymore. He sure has a way of stealing your heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Aunt Sharon...it's your favorite nephew Collin :~) I came across your blog address via an email that had been passed through several people from you...this is neat! Your blog is nice too! Well now I know where you blog...super! I miss little chewy (chuy now haha!) when I think about him, but I know grandma and chuy are perfect companions :) Well, I'll be back to read your blog and when I get my blog started soon I will let you know...we can be blogbuds! yeah!! I Love ya and miss ya Aunt Sharon!

Your newphew,
Collin

Kalona said...

Hi Collin, I knew you would like the post about Chuy/Chewy (ha) if you saw it. :o) I'm glad you found my blog, and yeah, we can be blogbuds. I love and miss you, too.

Your Favorite Aunt,
Sharon ;o)