Monday, June 30, 2008

Wall-E was great!

The Grands and I went to see Pixar's animated movie Wall-E this afternoon. All of us really enjoyed it, and fell in love with Wall-E. The animation was wonderful. My 8 year old granddaughter loved the "romance" between Wall-E and Eve, the "girl" robot. My 12 year old grandson didn't miss a single detail and has been talking about the movie all afternoon. And there was a LOT of detail.

The kids loved the scene where Wall-E doesn't know whether to put the spork he finds with his spoon collection or his fork collection. He finally puts in in the middle. :o) We loved it when Eve and Wall-E are flying around the spaceship, Eve using her own power, but Wall-E using a fire extinguisher. The cleaning robot, Mo, was cute, and we laughed when Wall-E deliberately made a dirty mark on the floor in front of Mo. Mo wipes it up, then Wall-E playfully makes a mark on Mo's face. Very cute! There were so many great scenes in the movie, and I think anyone would enjoy it, adult or child.

My favorite part of the movie was the Louis Armstrong rendition of La Vie En Rose, one of my favorite songs in the world. :o)

After the movie we stopped for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. When we got home they washed my car, then got in the pool. We're having leftovers for dinner in a little while.

Go see Wall-E!

No comments: