Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Love To Read

My youngest grandson, Reece, likes books. Right now his favorites are The Teeny Tiny Woman and Green Eggs And Ham. He also likes Goodnight Moon and a paperback about Thomas the Train, plus lots of little chubby books about puppies, kittens and shapes. :o)

Our copy of The Teeny Tiny Woman is illustrated by Benrei Huang. Reece likes the pictures. They are colorful and the faces on each character are sweet and friendly. This is especially important in this book because it's just the teeny tiniest bit scary for an almost 3 year old. :o)

Take a look at some of Benrei Huang's illustrations here. They are really nice.

I bought the book at the thrift store for 45 cents. I love a bargain. I bought myself a couple of fiction books for summer reading, too. Mine are Survivor by Tabitha King and Trace by Patricia Cornwell, hardcovers for 99 cents each. (*edit: Trashed the King book--X rated and not worth even 99 cents).

Oh my kids loved to read when they were little. Kelly (and Josh, too) loved Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House series. Jason read every Three Investigator book (and anything else) he could get his hands on, and they all loved the Narnia books, and the Ring trilogy as they got older.

Now I'm reading their old favorites to my grandchildren. Last summer I read Charlotte's Web and Heidi to my granddaughters. This summer I'd like to start the Little House On The Prairie series with them. But maybe first we'll read Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, or The Secret Garden or..........may I should let them choose. :o)

No comments: