Monday, March 25, 2013

A Confession

I woke up about midnight when Ron came to bed, and I haven't been able to go back to sleep.  My mind started going and wouldn't stop.

I was thinking about our visitors and suddenly realized that I had posted about having steaks and almost "a party" on Friday.  Friday.  During Lent.  I'm Catholic. 

We have been Catholic for 11 years this Easter.  I've been devout until the past couple of years.  During those two years I have drifted further and further from God and my faith.  I still believe, but have allowed myself to become very lax.  It has to stop.

My priorities have been all messed up.  Even though it is Lent, I've hardly thought about it at all.  Almost everything else seems to come before Christ.  That is so wrong.

I want to feel close to Christ again.  I want to honor Him with everything I do.  I'll be away from the computer, at least until after Easter.  I want to make Holy Week holy.  There has been too much "me" and not enough "Him."  I'm sick of "me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, turn yourself gently back into the direction of Christ. This happens to me also. Often just committing to say the Rosary at night before sleep has re-awoken that fire. Sometimes it is embers, sometimes roaring. I ask Mary to help me find my way back to her son. God Bless you on your journey!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Anonymous. I will take your words to heart.