Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Summary

Friday I had the bone marrow biopsy and Methotrexate put into my Ommaya reservoir. My new doctor had me laughing so hard. He is funny.

We stopped by Mom's on the way home. She was doing well. I told her that Sandi would be here this weekend, and that they were going to Dallas for Thanksgiving next week. She is excited about that. She will get to see two of her youngest great-grandchildren for the first time, as well as family members she doesn't get to see very often.

Sandi arrived safe and sound and spent a couple of hours here with us before going on to Mom's. She will take Mom out for dinner and to get her hair cut this afternoon and evening. The kids always love to see her, and of course, so do we.

We will have Thanksgiving here, as always. We just found out a couple of days ago that our oldest son and his family will be here with us. We thought they were going to stay at home for Thanksgiving and come to us for Christmas, but now they are planning to come here for both. Yay! I'm glad they will be here before I go through the next chemo and the transplant, while I'm still feeling pretty good. Not sure how well I will feel at Christmas time, but I'm glad they will be here, anyway.

Reece is out of school all next week for the holiday. He enjoyed the kinder feast they had on Friday. He brought home a little Indian vest made of a brown paper bag, and a pilgrim hat made of construction paper. He said the cookies he took to the feast were "real good." They had all kinds of good food. The feast took place during their lunch time.

Reece is happy that he will have no school next week, and he is beyond excited that his cousins and Uncle Jason and Aunt Kismette are coming. He keeps asking us, "Is everybody coming?" and when we tell him "yes, they are coming next week," he gets upset that they are not coming today. He is absolutely crazy about his cousins.

Are you having a good weekend? I hope so!


1 comment:

Therese said...

So glad you will have all your family with you for thanksgiving Kalona. We are having a wonderful weekend here.