Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Again Already

Lily in her Minnie Mouse ears with Santa hat. She looks so much like her mama.

That was a whirlwind visit! Our son Jason and his family left tonight. I'm so glad they decided to come for Thanksgiving. It was fun and I loved having them all here.

Last week my doctor asked what we were planning for Thanksgiving, and laughed when I told him that we would have three kids and their spouses, eight grandchildren and six dogs. He was having company, too, but I'm sure his day was much calmer than ours. It was crazy and hectic, but I wouldn't change a thing. Some day maybe I'll be organized and have everything ready well in advance, but that hasn't happened yet. But no one cares, and everyone helps, so it all works out.

No Black Friday shopping for me; I can't handle the crowds. Instead we stayed home, relaxed and ate leftovers. Some of the kids slept half the day, others played video games, read books, or played outside. Everyone came in and out of the kitchen and ate whatever they could find in the fridge whenever they were hungry. Gravy and stuffing are even better the second day.

Tonight Ahlyssa played my violin for us. She is learning to play the viola, but was able to play several pieces on my violin, even without her music. And she only started learning this fall! I am amazed at how well she is doing, and so proud of her. She has inherited her daddy's musical gift.

Reece is going to miss his cousins and Uncle Jason and Aunt Kis. He loves all of them so much. The little girls will miss them, too, especially Lily. She is such a little mommy. She played with them and took care of them the whole time she was here, even baby Gina. When I see them all together I really wish we all lived closer together.

And now I think I'll go have a piece of pumpkin pie and ice cream before I go to sleep. :o) (I wish we still had some of Kelly's banana cream pie. She used her grandmother's recipe, and it was so delicious)!

No comments: