Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reasons To Be Thankful

Summertime.

Ninety-plus degrees every day.

AC running all day long, keeping us cool.

Sun tanned little boy, sleeping in.

Late breakfasts on the patio.

Afternoons in the pool.

Deep, deep blue skies and snow white clouds.

This summer I don't have cancer.

Miracles.

I was reading my blog archives from last June, when I was in the midst of my cancer treatments. It made me cry because it brought it all back so clearly. The tears were not sad tears though, but (mostly) tears of joy and thanksgiving.

I went for labs on Tuesday, and have a CT scan on June 7. After he gets the results of those, I'll see my doctor later this month. I'm pretty certain everything is okay, but there is always that little pesky fear way back there somewhere that the cancer will come back. I try to have faith and not feel afraid, but every now and then...well, you know.

Meanwhile, it's summertime, and the livin' is easy. :o)

3 comments:

Therese said...

Good reasons to be grateful Kalona. Praying that everything is okay and there is no more cancer.

Linda said...

I'm thankful you don't have cancer!! (but temps in the 90's? hhmm......)

Kalona said...

Thank you, Therese and Linda.

I know, people think I'm crazy, but I love hot weather. Summer (even in Texas) is my favorite time of year. When it gets over 100, even I get tired of it, though.