Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Chatter

Just a quick note to let you know that the results of my CT scan were perfect. I saw my wonderful doctor on Thursday and he said there were no signs of swollen lymph nodes or cancer. I'm so happy and relieved. I'll be going back again in 3 months. They are keeping close track of things.

He said I do have a lung infection, but it's not pneumonia. He prescribed a Z-Pak, which should knock out the infection pretty quickly. I don't feel bad at all, just coughing now and then and a little out of breath and tired.

Reece and I picked up Papa at the airport this afternoon and he is glad to be home. He said it was a lot cooler in Colorado Springs than it is here. He went swimming with Reece and Aubrey late in the afternoon. They are all glad he's home, too.

Reece went with me to Gran's today. We stopped and got some lunch on the way home and had a picnic in the park. It was sooo hot, but he enjoyed it. He loves being outdoors.

Ron took me out for a catfish dinner this evening. It was nice to spend time together, just the two of us.

Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa is definitely glad to be back home.

He is also thankful his dear wife and him have been blessed by the Lord with such wonderful doctors, hospitals and results concerning the cancer. It was in His hands all along, but He works His wonders in many ways.

Therese said...

So glad your CT scan was perfect. Prayers for a quick recovery from the infection on your lung.

Sarah Oldham said...

Oh, I am so chuffed to bits about this glorious news!!!! Congratulations, my friend. God is good!!! Hope that z-pack knocks that infection up and out real quick.

Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love you! So happy about all the Dr. had to say. Thank you Jesus!
Glad Ron is home with you.

I have to work all weekend. I was supposed to be off on Friday but went in for about 6 hours & I worked today and will work tomorrow. Had so much to do and trying to get caught up to relieve some STRESS! Hope to see you soon. Hugs and Love, Sandi

RAnn said...

Glad the CT was good.

I'd like to invite you to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, which is a weekly gathering where Catholic bloggers share their best with each other. This week's edition is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2011/06/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_11.html

Jennnifer Mulkey said...

So great to hear your news :) I know how stressful those tests can be and waiting for the results :( My mom, by the way had a five month remission. However, just this week, her counts on the CA 125 were back up. The onc is going to give her two more months, unless something unforseen comes up (like some type of symptom), and then he will check her again and she most likely will go back on chemo. Her hair is coming back in and it's curly :D LOVE that!!!

So glad to hear your good news and we continue to keep you in our prayers :)

God Bless