Monday, June 20, 2011

Great-Gran Goes Swimming

Father's Day was so much fun!

We took Reece and Jacob to Mass with us. On the way to Mass, I told Jake to do whatever we did--stand when we stand, sit when we sit, kneel when we kneel. He said okay. Then I asked him if he knew how to make the sign of the cross. He said yes, and immediately crossed his arms out in front of his chest, forming an X. I laughed so hard. It was so cute!

He was very, very good at Mass, doing exactly what I had told him to do. Reece decided to be a little pill, so I had to take him out for a few minutes. We came back just before Communion. They went up to the rail with me and knelt, and I had told them to fold their arms. But I neglected to tell Jacob not to receive, so he opened his mouth like everyone else was doing. The priest was about to give him the Body of Christ when I realized what was happening and shook my head. He looked at Jacob and smiled.

I guess he doesn't bless the children during the Eucharist, because he didn't bless Reece last week, or either of the boys yesterday. He did say during his homily that he would be available after Mass "under the tree" to talk with us, give special blessings, etc. It was Father Moses again; once again I liked his homily. We didn't get a chance to speak with him, but I hope next week that we can, just to welcome him and tell him how much we appreciate that he is willing to celebrate the TLM for us.

We went by Mom's to pick up Teddy and let her change clothes and get her swimming suit. Then we came home and celebrated Father's day by swimming and grilling T-bone steaks. Kelly and Mike were here, too, and we all had so much fun.

On the way home yesterday evening, Mom said that she had a really good time and that she was glad she went swimming with the kids. They immediately surrounded her when she got in, and were so happy to show off for her. :o) I could tell that she was really enjoying herself. She was tired, though, and was still in bed when Ahlyssa, Jacob, Reece and I went over there today. We had to knock and knock on her door before she finally woke up to let us in.

Today is Josh's day off, and he and Cyrise went to the river again. The baby and the little girls are napping, and Lys is in the pool with Reece and Jacob. They are having a ball out there! I will join them when the girls wake up, and I imagine Papa will get in, too, when he gets home from work.

No comments: