Saturday, June 25, 2011

Catching Up

It's been a fun and busy week, with Ahlyssa and Jacob here. Of course they've been in the pool every day.

On Thursday we went to the zoo with Kelly. We went early, but it was still pretty hot. We didn't see everything, but we saw the animals the kids wanted to see and were done by noon. Then we rode the train around the park--about a 15 minute ride. Reece liked that more than the zoo. I took a few pictures, but I can't find the cord I use to download them from my camera to my computer. If I find it, maybe I'll post pictures later.

On Friday, Kelly, Lys and I had a girl's day out. We went to Fredericksburg and looked around a little bit, then bought peaches and tomatoes on the way home. I took a few pictures with my cell phone. We shopped in the old-fashioned five and dime (Dooley's). That's Lyssa in the purple hat, and Dooley's is where that red sign is hanging in the other picture.

That evening, Josh brought a sack of small homegrown tomatoes that one of his customers had given him, so I have lots of tomatoes to use up quickly. I think I'll try
JoAnn's version of oven roasted tomatoes stored in olive oil. Sounds yummy to me!

Jason and the rest of his family arrived this morning. They will be here for the weekend, then take Ahlyssa and Jacob back home with them, and leave Lily here with us. We were hoping Caelen, our 15 year old grandson, would stay too, but he said he had things to do at home. :o( It will be lots of fun having Lily with us, though. :o)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: