Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wild Things

I've always been a book lover, and I enjoyed the books my kids and I read together as much as they did. And now I get to do it all over again with my grandkids. :o)

Today Lily and I went book shopping. She just turned six and will be in first grade in the fall, so we bought a couple of beginner readers so that she can practice. I told her that by the time she goes home, she will be able to read one of the books to her daddy when she sees him again. She likes that idea.

While we were shopping we found a copy of Maurice Sendak's Where The Wild Things Are and bought it for Reece. He is spending the night tonight, so I read it to him at bedtime and he loved it. It was fun to read it to a child once again.

He was surprised to see Lily here today when his daddy brought him over. He looked for Caelen and Ahlyssa. But in a short time, he was playing with her and following her around. She is so sweet with him. They went with me to visit their Great-Gran and kept her entertained while we were there. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun while Lily is visiting. In the words of Max, "Let the wild rumpus start!" :o)

No comments: