Saturday, February 2, 2008

St. Anthony Mary Claret



One of my favorite Catholic blogs is Angela's "Where Angels Go...." She has taken up a devotion started by "Moneybags" at "A Catholic Life." "Moneybags" went into the seminary and can no longer blog, so we can now request a patron saint for the year 2008 at "Where Angels Go...." Please read more about it here:
http://michaelgabrielraphael.blogspot.com/2008/01/greetings.html

Angela told me yesterday that the saint who has chosen me is St. Anthony Mary Claret. I don't know much about St. Anthony, but our daughter and son-in-law had attended Mass at a Catholic church named St. Anthony Mary Claret for a short time. Our son-in-law is Catholic, but not practicing, and our daughter is Lutheran. I have been praying for years that he will revert and she will convert to Catholicism.

My daughter took me to see the St. Anthony Mary Claret church shortly after they built a new sanctuary. Then I went there again to witness a friend's children's first communion. The priest is orthodox and wonderful. He is Polish, and has the most delightful accent.

I don't believe that it is a coincidence that St. Anthony Mary Claret has chosen me. I knew as soon as I read Angela's message that I am supposed to be asking for his intercession for the reversion of my son-in-law and the conversion of my darling daughter.

Thank you, Angela, for continuing this wonderful devotion.

And now I'm off to learn more about my patron saint for 2008.

2 comments:

X said...

This is lovely! It's been such a treat and blessing to do this devotion. So many people have written that their saints are just perfect for them. The interesting thing is that I just pray for the person making the request and then I draw a name from a stash of over 100 saints. Sometimes when I pray a saint will suddenly pop up in my head and then I post them instead of drawing.

Anthony Mary Claret is a wonderful saint and I am sure by now you know that he was devoted to the Blessed Sacrament and the Immaculate Heart! I will pray for his intercession for your son and DIL too!

X said...

Oops...your SIL and daughter. I think I had it reversed.