Friday, February 8, 2008

Daily Life


I've been busy in the real world the past couple of days, just trying to keep up with my life.

My son, DIL and little grandson who live with us have all contracted an upper respiratory virus. My son rarely gets sick, and never complains or talks about it when he does, but this illness has really gotten him down. He finally went to the doctor Wednesday, got 2 shots and 4 prescriptions, and is feeling better. But that day, DIL started feeling bad, and now Reece has it, too. Makes me so sad to see him so listless and tired. I'm praying that they have a milder version of it than my son did.

On a happier note, DIL found out that our newest grandchild is a girl! Her due date is June 27. I'm so excited. We will have 3 grandsons and 3 granddaughters. Of course I'd love to have more than that. :o)

I need to find a dentist; I'm not happy with the one I've been seeing. About a month ago a piece broke off one of my molars. It doesn't hurt, the huge filling in the tooth is still intact. Then two days ago, the molar on the opposite side of my mouth broke. What is going on with my teeth?!! (My husband says they are getting old). That tooth also has a large filling that is still intact, but I know that if I don't have them capped soon, I could lose the fillings. Oh how I hate going to the dentist. :o(

I had lunch with a friend Thursday at my favorite Thai restaurant. That was fun. Eating always make me happy. :o)

2 comments:

X said...

I hear you about the dentist! Heh...that could be one doozy of a Lenten sacrifice....

And congrats on your new grandchild that's due in June!

Kalona said...

Angela, thanks for the congrats on the new grandbaby. I can hardly wait to hold her.

I hadn't thought about going to the dentist as a great Lenten sacrifice, but you're right! That makes me feel a little bit better about having to go. :o)