Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Saturday

Thursday I was at the BMT clinic from 8:30 AM until around 2:30 PM, for labs and to get something called IGIV. It's supposed to help me make more red blood cells. Mine have been low lately, for reasons unknown.

I've had bad acid reflux or something for the past week or so. I think the gvh has affected my esophagus. It hurts! Makes it hard to eat or drink, and I've already lost a lot of weight so I can't stop eating.

Seems like it's always something. We try something that's meant to help, and it causes problems of another kind. I'm so tired of it, I'm about ready to tell them to just stop giving me anything.

I don't have to go to the clinic again until July 10. And then I also have an appointment with the diabetes clinic on July 12 to see if they can give me some help lowering my glucose levels. The steroids are causing it to go sky high and it's hard to bring it down.

Other than all that, I'm doing okay. I have some energy to clean and do laundry. I work for a bit, then rest, work some more, rest some more. I can't do as much as I used to do, but it makes me feel better to be able to get some things done.

Ron, Reece and I went to Gran's today. We took her some Chinese food and she chowed down. :o) We stopped at my favorite Thai restaurant on the way home. I had pad thai (vegetarian w/tofu) and Ron had pork pad thai. We shared with Reece. He liked the pork, but not the tofu.

The kids played in the pool the rest of the day. In fact, Reece and Aubrey are still outside now. It's almost bedtime and I think they will be worn out and ready for sleep.

The plan for tomorrow is to bathe Sister and Katy. They have a vet appointment on Monday, and I want them to be pretty and clean. They are still the sweetest dogs in the world.

No comments: