Thursday, January 24, 2008

What's For Dinner?


After 39 years of marriage, I'm tired of having to decide what to have for dinner. But we have to eat, so I still have to come up with something, right? Lately we've been eating out too much, so I've been trying to cook at home more often.

Monday we had spaghetti. I brown ground beef and garlic and add it to spaghetti sauce in a jar. My son went to the grocery store and bought fresh, hot French bread while I was making the spaghetti. Fresh fruit for dessert.

Tuesday we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn. I made the meatloaf using ground beef and ground turkey, and used oatmeal as the filler. I made homemade sauce for the top and to serve on the side with tomato sauce, brown sugar and a bit of dry mustard. My daughter-in-law made the mashed potatoes and corn.

Wednesday (tonight) we had pork roast, rice and green beans. Once again DIL made the side dishes and I cooked the roast. We use only Japanese rice (well, Japanese rice grown in California). This is our favorite rice--Kokuho Rose. We've been spoiled by living in Japan for three years.

I have no clue what to have tomorrow night, but Friday we'll have blackened talapia.

No comments: