Monday, January 28, 2008

I like to read.

Sometimes I get lost on the blog trail. I'll be reading a blog, click on a link that looks interesting and before I know it I've looked at a dozen blogs and have forgotten all about the first one. It's a good way to lose a couple of hours, if you're not careful.

Anyway, on my web meanderings I came across a meme. I just learned about memes recently. This one looked interesting, because I love to read. You are supposed to pick up the book you're reading, turn to page 123, find the 5th sentence, then write down the next three sentences (I think that's how it went).

I'm reading two books currently: Pretend You Don't See Her by Mary Higgins Clark, and Flannery O'Connor The Complete Stories by, who else, Flannery O'Connor.

From PYDSH:

Uh oh, there are only 4 lines on page 123--it's the end of the chapter. How about I just type the last three lines of the chapter.

"I thought it was time to remove them," Jimmy said gruffly.

He turned abruptly and left, so he did not see R. J. Parker's angry glance at his son, nor the way Rick Parker stared at the mural of the Bridge of Sighs, from which the painting of Heather as a young woman was now missing.

It was just as well.

From FOTCS:

She knew that Bailey would not be willing to lose any time looking at an old house, but the more she talked about it, the more she wanted to see it once again and find out if the little twin arbors were still standing.

"There was a secret panel in this house," she said craftily, not telling the truth but wishing that she were, "and the story went that all the family silver was hidden in it when Sherman came through but it was never found..."

"Hey!" John Wesley said, "Let's go see it!"


That's from her short story, A Good Man Is Hard To Find.

BTW, both of these books were from the thrift store and cost 99 cents each. Thrift store shopping is another thing I like to do. :o)

3 comments:

Therese said...

I love Mary Higgins Clark books Kalona.

It is great to see you blogging. I will add you to my blogroll.

God bless
Therese

ukok said...

I do exactly the same thing as you do with the blog trail! I do try to remember to bookmark the pages of blogs I like or to add them to my bloglines, but I have hundreds of bookmarked pages now and never enough time to visit them all!

Kalona said...

Hi Therese and ukok. I'm going to have figure out how to make a blogroll/blogline, too. Please be patient with me. :o)